Rye Cricket Club has secured the services of an exciting fast-bowling prospect for the 2019 season, as Rye prepares to compete in the Sussex Premier League Division 3 for the first time.
Altaf Ahmed will be joining Rye Cricket Club at the end of April in time for the season opening League fixture away to Portslade. He is a sharp right-arm fast bowler from Peshawar in Pakistan.
His debut in first-class cricket came for Peshawar Panthers in summer 2014, before he switched to Habib Bank Limited in 2015, and remains with them, having collected 38 wickets in 12 games, clocking in around the 80-85 mph mark.
Altaf has been one of National Bank’s best-performing first-class bowlers this season with two six-wicket hauls and has bowled with raw pace and aggression throughout the 2017-18 first-class campaign.
Altaf will be supporting the Colts programme at Rye as a Coach for the summer coaching programme on Wednesday and Friday evenings from May 1, and supporting the Colts games in the Ashford Junior Cricket League and The Sussex Junior Cricket Festival.
Rye Cricket Club is very grateful to all our sponsors for their previous support. There will be more than 100 members, 130 fixtures this season, with three Saturday League teams, six Colts teams, a 20/20 team and a Midweek Friendly Xl.
In addition to a winter and summer coaching programme for the Colts, the club has run free taster sessions for local primary schools to offer coaching, and raising awareness of the game of cricket.
The club will be organising the Local Primary Schools Cricket Tournament in 2019. On Tuesday August 6 Rye welcome the MCC to Rye Cricket Salts for the bi-annual fixture between two of the oldest cricket clubs in the world.
We hope that our regular sponsors will be able to support us again in 2019, and that new sponsors will take the opportunity to support us for the first time. The costs remain the same as 2018, the options for sponsorship are;
• Fixture Card: ¼ pg advert £25; ½ pg advert £50; ¾ pg advert £75; whole page £100
• Match ball sponsor: £25 – Business name listed in fixture card and featured in local media prior to the game and after the game.
• Advertising board sponsor: £200 – Advertising board in front of Rye CC Pavilion for 20 weeks from April 21 to September 1. We can support the design and production of advertising boards.
• 2nd XI Man of the Match sponsor: £200 – Sponsor 20 MOM awards – each MOM to be photographed with sponsor’s name and then image displayed in Rye Observer and Rye News.
• Scoreboard sponsor: £300 – Business name on the Rye CC electronic scoreboard and will feature in team photographs used in local media.
• Colts Programme sponsor: £200 – Rye runs five Colts teams IT SAYS SIX IN THE BODY COPY, WHICH IS CORRECT? #VW, with 75 colts and their parents/carers involved. The business name will appear in the fixture card and will feature in every one of the Rye Colts match reports in the local media.
• Pavilion sponsors: Negotiable based on requirements
All sponsors will be hosted on our website, providing links to their home pages.
If you wish to sponsor, please contact Martin Blincow firstname.lastname@example.org with the option(s) for sponsorship you want to use.
If you wish to place an advert for the fixture card, please send the advert to email@example.com by March 9 so that we can put together the card to meet a deadline of April 7 to print the fixture card. We will be doing a launch of the fixture card on Friday April 26 in the Pavilion on the Cricket Salts at 7:30pm.
The size requirements for the adverts are;
Full page – 135 mm wide x 197 mm high
1/2 page – 135 mm wide x 95 mm high
1/4 page – 135 mm wide x 45 mm high
Thanks again to all our sponsors who continue to make cricket possible in the community of Rye.
Image Credits: Rye Cricket Club.