Terms and conditions
TERMS OF ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
Use of and access to the Website is subject to the Terms and Conditions as stated. Access to particular areas may be subject to additional conditions to which you are required to consent in order to use them.
- By entering the Website you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please leave the website immediately.
- Links. No linkages whatsoever to any other site may be imposed on the Website without the consent of the Editor
- Liability. The Publisher accepts no liability in respect of the content of any third party material appearing on the Website. The Publisher makes no warranty in respect of the contents of this Website and accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and however arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of access to this Website.
- Indemnity. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behaviour whilst on the Website, and agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Publisher, its officers, staff and agents from and against all loss damage liability cost or expense of any kind that it may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise in relation to your use of the Website, your violation of any of the Terms & Conditions, or any other matter in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
- Law. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the applicable laws of the United Kingdom, and adjudicated solely in the courts of the United Kingdom.
- Enforcement. Any waiver of or failure to delay on the part of the Publisher to enforce the provisions of these Terms and Conditions in the event of any breach or repetition of breach shall not prevent the Publisher from subsequently enforcing the Terms and conditions in respect of that or any other breach.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE AND LICENCE
- Ownership. Except in the case of the Forums and any other content you create, the copyright in the Website and its contents belongs solely to the Publisher, or has been included with the consent of other copyright owners. Reproduction in any form, printing or downloading of all or any part of the contents is prohibited save in accordance with the licence granted below.
- Licence to copy for personal use. You may print copies of any item in hard copy provided you do not edit, alter amend or delete any part of it or combine it with other material. You may recopy the material to individual third parties for their personal information only if you acknowledge the Website as the source of the information by including the address of the Publisher and the Website in the copy of the material. You may not supply the material to any third party for commercial gain,
- Ownership. The submission to the Publisher by you of content, (including without limitation any text photograph or audio/visual material) confers and grants a free licence for the Publisher to use adapt and distribute to the Public that content in any form and media on or in connection with the Website. You warrant that you own or have right to the intellectual property of such content and waive any moral right to your contribution. You will indemnify and keep the Publisher indemnified from and against all costs, claims and damages whatsoever as a result of any third party action brought against the Publisher arising out of its use of the content.
- Submisssion. In and by submitting content you agree not to do any of the following:
- Defame or infringe the rights of any person or entity (including rights to privacy, intellectual property or confidentiality);
- Upload or transmit any material or any part thereof that may cause damage or disruption of the Publisher’s computer systems or networks.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTING ADVERTISEMENTS
In these Conditions the Publisher means Rye News and the Advertiser means any person placing an order for the publication of an advertisement in any form on the Publisher’s Website. By placing an order it is agreed:
- Warranty. The placing of an order with the Publisher constitutes a warranty from the Advertiser or its agent that the advertisement is legal decent and honest and complies with the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and any relevant legislation or accepted codes of practice and that the advertisement is not defamatory or infringes any third party rights whatsoever.
- Indemnity. The Advertiser agrees to hold and keep indemnified the Publisher against all costs, claims damages or other charges arising directly or indirectly as a result of the publication of the advertisement.
- Links. No hyperlinks or metatags may be included in any advertisement without the consent of the Editor.
- Limitation of Liability. Whilst the Publisher will endeavour to fulfil the order correctly, it shall not be liable for any errors, misprints or omissions or any damage or loss whatsoever suffered by the Advertiser in respect thereof provided that the Publisher offers to waive or make refund of the cost of the advertisement containing such error misprint or omission.
- Refusals and Amendments. The Publisher reserves the right to refuse any order or to cancel its execution at any time prior to the deadline for its insertion without obligation to furnish reason therefor.
- Cancellation by the Advertiser. The Advertiser or its agent may cancel any order prior to its execution provided that it reimburses the Publisher in full for any and all its costs incurred by the Publisher up to the date of cancellation.
- Copyright. All rights to material originated by the Publisher shall vest exclusively in the Publisher.
- The Publisher is committed to protection of your privacy and data from unauthorised third party use. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information that the Publisher holds about you.
- This data protection notice may change and therefore you should review it regularly.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This Website has been designed with the intention of supporting and enabling access by all users. If you experience difficulties using the Website please contact the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org