Website Affinity Trust
Be the difference, change lives – apply today!
We’re looking for support workers to work in a supported living setting with people with learning disabilities and complex support needs. No experience required.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 – £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
Role & Responsibilities
- Support people with all aspects of daily living, including cooking, cleaning, shopping, meal prep, personal care etc.
- Support people socially and to enjoy hobbies and activities, like swimming or cycling
- Develop outcome based support plan, risk assessment and person centered plan with person supported
- Assist with volunteering/employment opportunities
- Administer medication where required
- Support with holidays, trips and days out and more
Shifts on the rota include:
- Sleep ins
- Waking nights
- Bank holidays
What we look for
- Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- People that share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Previous experience
- Full UK driving license
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs. We are an equal opportunities employer.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
To apply for this job please visit affinitytrust.org.