Bank holiday Monday may have dawned a cloudy day, but it did not deter folk from turning out in their hundreds to enjoy the Beckley Church fete and fun dog show. The fete hoped to raise approximately £6,000 for a much needed new church roof. It featured all the usual fun stalls like beat the goalie, hook a duck and face painting.
There were refreshments and ice cream provided by the Women’s Institute and stalls a-plenty offering everything from plants, books and bric-a-brac. Visitors had the chance to win wine (if lucky) or water (if unlucky!) and to bowl for a pig! The grand raffle had some amazing prizes all of which were donated by local companies and residents.
The fun dog show had 100 furry friends entered and the judge had a really tricky task to pick just 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in classes such as best biscuit catcher and dog the judge would like to take home.
- Best cross breed 1st Mungo, 2nd Mac
- Waggiest tail 1st Sally Ann, 2nd Jarvis
- Best child handler 1st Dolly 2nd Molly
- Prettiest bitch 1st Coco 2nd Clover
- Handsomest dog 1st Simba, 2nd Rizzle
- Best biscuit catcher 1st Max, 2nd Boysie
- Dog judge would like to take home 1st Kettie, 2nd Alfie
The overall best in show winner was Dolly with Mungo as reserve best in show.
Image Credits: Tina Langmead .