A quiz for those who know their atlas backwards
1. Marmolada is the peak of which European mountain range?
2. Antigua is part of which island group?
3. Maiden Castle is in which English County?
4. Arrecife is the capital of which of the Canary Islands?
5. Which avenue in Manhattan, New York is also known as The Avenue of The Americas?
6. The River Plate forms a natural border between which two South American Countries?
7. What is the largest US state capital by population?
8. The San Ysidro border crossing used by more than 40 million motorists and pedestrians every year connects which two countries?
9. Bethnal Green is on what London Underground line?
10. What is the southernmost South American capital city?
11. Mulhacien, the highest point on mainland Spain is in which mountain range?
12. If you sailed due East from Hawaii, what country would you first reach?
13. The river Molonglo runs through which Commonwealth capital city?
14. What is the highest US state capital?
15. What is the county town of Wiltshire?
16. In which English city is the University of Warwick?
17. Which is the largest of the six counties of Northern Ireland by area?
18. The town of Wigan stands on what river? It is also a boy’s name.
19. South Africa’s largest city by population is Cape Town, which is the second largest?
20. Birkirkara is, by population, the largest town/city in which European country?
21. Europe’s two largest lakes are Lake Onega and Lake Ladoga- the third largest is Lake Vanern which is in which country?
22. Which district in Upper Manhattan, New York was founded by Dutch settlers in 1658?
23. Bangladesh has land borders with which two countries?
24. Osborne House, a former home of Queen Victoria, is situated just outside which town on the Isle of Wight?
25. Blantyre, named after the small village where David Livingstone was born, is in which African country?
26. Which Italian river, 252 miles long, rises in the Apennine Mountains, flowing through Umbria to the Tyrrhenian Sea
27. Which is London’s largest park?
28. America’s Route 66 runs between which two cities?
29. Golden Hill, Shaftesbury, famous for the 1970s Hovis TV advert is in which English county?
30. The Chain Bridge is a famous landmark in which European capital city?
1. THE DOLOMITES
2. LEEWARD ISLANDS
5. SIXTH AVENUE
6. ARGENTINA & URAGUAY
7. PHOENIX( ARIZONA)
8. U.S.A. & MEXICO
11. SIERRA NEVADA
14. SANTA FE (7000 ft)
18. RIVER DOUGLAS
23. INDIA & MYANMAR (BURMA)
26. THE TIBER
27. RICHMOND PARK
28. LOS ANGELES/CHICAGO
Image Credits: Kevin McCarthy .