A geography quiz to test your knowledge.
1. Which Strait was first entered 1st November 1520 and originally called
Estrecho de todos los santos (Strait of All Saints)?
2. The Mosquito Coast is in which Central American Country?
3. Which church stands at the site of The Crucifixion?
4. At 402 sq. miles, which is the largest of the Society Islands in
5. In what country would you find the Sutherland Falls?
6. In which Ocean is the Barents Sea?
7. The Great Dixence Dam is in which European country?
8. The Roman Road, the Fosse Way, runs between which two cities?
9. The National Museum at Llandrindod Wells in Powys is a museum for what form of transport?
10. Sudeley Castle, one-time home of Catherine Parr, and her burial place, is in which English county?
11. If you sailed due west from San Francisco, what country would you reach first?
12. Which capital city is known as the City of a Thousand Minarets?
13. If you sailed due west from Bombay (Mumbai) what country would you reach ?
14. U.S.A.’s Colorado River flows into which gulf?
15. The small Caribbean island of Saba, with about 2,000 inhabitants, is the smallest ‘oversea’ ‘municipality’ of which European country ?
16. John F. Kennedy airport is in which New York borough?
17. What are the three colours on the flag of Luxembourg?
18. Name the sea passage between Iran and the Musandam Peninsula of Oman which links the Arabian Gulf to the Arabian Sea?
19. What is the capital of the Canary Island Gran Canaria?
20 On which Mediterranean Island is Cape Martello – a tower was taken there by
British forces in 1794, thus the name ‘martello towers’
Scroll down for the answers…
1 Strait Of Magellan
3 Church Of The Holy Sepulchre
5 New Zealand
6 Arctic Ocean
8 Exeter & Lincoln
9 Bicycles – National Bicycle Museum
14 Gulf Of California
15 Netherlands (Holland)
17 Red, White, Blue
18 Strait Of Hormuz
19 Las Palmas
Image Credits: PIRO4D / Pixabay https://pixabay.com/illustrations/earth-planet-world-globe-space-1617121/.