Introductory Advertisement Offer
Introductory offer is for a minimum period of 3 months. Invoices are issued quarterly in advance.
Header ad rotates through all pages and posts at the top of each page
728 x 90 pixels. £50 per month. Maximum of 10 in rotation
Large boxed ad that rotates through all category pages in right hand column
300 x 300 pixels £25 per month. Maximum of 10 in rotation
Small boxed ad that rotates through all category pages in right hand column
300 x 150 pixels £15 per month. Maximum of 10 in rotation
Large footer ad that appears at the bottom of the Home page and What’s On page
1000 x 120 pixels £40 per month. Maximum of 10 in rotation
Business Sponsor – Sponsor a page and get a free advert/logo on the page you sponsor plus you will be able to post all your job vacancies on our Jobs page free of charge. £250 for six months. Pages to sponsor include News, Living, Opinions, Culture, Sport, What’s On, Jobs.
Text box and image adverts on Visitor Rye pages: Eating Out, Weddings, Families are offered at £20 per month. Just send us your text and images and we will prepare for you.
If you would like a bespoke advert on a specific page and location please email email@example.com.
Use the Submit Advert form to send us your advert. We will post it for you approval and then send an invoice.
Why Sponsor Rye News
Rye news is about to enter its fifth year year as a not-for-profit enterprise run by a team of volunteers for the purpose of providing news and information about a wide variety of local happenings and events in the area in and around Rye.
Local news plays a vital role in the sharing of news, opinions and and comment upon issues affecting national issues on our community. It provides a forum for expression of opinions and gives local people a voice. Research by Press Gazette in December 2016 found that 46 regional and local titles had closed in the previous 18 months, with big players such as Trinity Mirror and Johnston Press among those closing or merging long-established titles so it has never been more important to support local initiatives such as Rye News.
We want to continue to bring you Rye News but we need to expand our team of journalists, editors and admin staff so we are asking for your support.
Help us to take it to the next level? Share our vision
Our volunteers have been listening to your feedback and we have upgraded the site to make it faster and offer you more resources but we need you to help us drive forward our and to survive in the longer terms funds are needed.
- Our editorial team work extremely hard each week to bring you the news. Our statistics show that our readers main interest is in News and Opinions. We'd like to expand our team of journalists so we can continue to bring you a range of news, views and in-depth articles on issues affecting our local area.
- The new site has improved opportunities for advertising and sponsorship and we'd like to appoint a part/time Advertising Manager/administrator to help us attract income whilst providing benefits to local businesses in showcasing all that Rye has to offer
What Rye News is offering the community?
- We now have a Jobs page where business sponsors in Rye are able to post their jobs free of charge. We hope that this will benefit businesses as well as attract a younger audience to our site.
- We have improved the Events Calendar which is easier to use and more comprehensive and will be a resource for local residents and visitors.
- In the longer term we will be developing the About Rye pages to provide information for locals such as clubs and societies, but also we want to make the site more informative for visitors to Rye and to businesses who rely on tourism.
How to Place an Advert
Please use the Submit Advert form to place an advert in Rye News. Select the size required and send your image in jpeg format. If you would like help with artwork, we can pass the work to a local designer for a fee of £25. Text ads are also available.
Become a Volunteer
The Rye News team is always looking for volunteers to help us produce weekly online news. We particularly need people with experience in the following areas: journalism, editing, marketing, web development, photography, or if you are a local with no such experience but you would like to share stories about the people and businesses who make Rye what it is, we'd like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org