Great news! Rye Sports Centre is back open once more, with government approval, and as of Monday, July 27 it was operating with the necessary social distancing and hygiene measures in place to provide you with a safe, clean and comfortable environment to use.
There have been changes to normal opening times, and you are cordially invited to use the gym and swimming pool, but there is limited hall hire available and only a takeaway service from the café – and over the last few weeks the centre’s team has been working hard to make it as safe and enjoyable as ever and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
To help maintain social distancing in the centre customers are asked to book by telephone or at reception if you wish to attend a gym or swim session. Members may book up to 5 days in advance and non-members on the day.
Gym and swimming slots will be for a duration of 45 minutes to allow time for the team to clean the facilities and equipment after each session. Unfortunately, at least initially, they are unable to offer any studio classes at the centre. It is closed at weekends, but during the week the opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 10pm.
The swimming pool will be bookable in 45 minute time slots with a maximum of 30 swimmers spread out over 3 wide lanes. You are asked that at the time of booking you choose a lane and you remain in that lane for the duration of your swim. The lanes will be classified as slow, medium and fast.
While the changing rooms and some lockers are open, visitors are asked that where possible to come with swimming attire already on under clothes to minimise the time spent in changing rooms.
A one way system has been introduced around the centre with different entrances and exits to help to maintain social distancing. Customers are asked to arrive no more than five minutes before their the booked slot, to queue outside the centre prior to their slot, and will then be able to follow the one way system to the area of the centre they have booked to use.
Social distancing must be observed when walking around the centre and here are a few things you need to know.
- The poolside changing rooms and foyer toilets will remain open
- Dry side changing rooms and toilets will remain closed until further notice.
- Where possible please turn up to the centre ready to exercise.
- Water fountains will be out of order. Please ensure you bring your own drink to keep hydrated.
- Gym equipment will be spaced out in line with government guidelines to provide customers with more space.
- You will need to display your receipt in your car in the car park as proof of your custom as parking refunds will not be issued due to a cashless reception. All payments for activities must be made by debit/credit card.
For further information call 01797 224747 or look online at www.freedom-leisure.co.uk
Image Credits: Nick Forman .