Reservations continue to come in for this year’s Medieval Conference: “Conspicuous Consumption and Display in Late Medieval England.”
The topics are:
- Prof. Chris Woolgar: Magnificence and the meal: elite dining in late medieval England
- Dr Anne Sutton: Costume and Dress’
- Dr Jessica Lutkin: The jewels and plate of the late medieval aristocracy: conspicuous consumption or sound investment?
- Dr Dan Spencer: Aristocratic Castle Building in the Later Middle Ages
- Mrs Angela Clark: Keeping up with the Joneses? Spiritual Privileges in Late Medieval England
- Prof Michael Hicks: Rank and Lineage in Stone and Parchment
The conference will be held on October 22 in the Milligan Theatre, Rye College. There are places available and we could use a few more volunteers to help with refreshments and other conference matters. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Source: Rye Castle Museum