Pat Hughes has asked us to share the scenic route the community buses are taking to Etchingham through the High Weald in the hope that it may be of help to some readers going for their Covid jab – and it assumes you set off from Rye:
- Go up to BROAD OAK CROSSROADS
- Go STRAIGHT OVER and on to CRIPPS CORNER (approximately 3 miles)
- At crossroads turn LEFT (signed Sedlescombe) and then RIGHT (signed
Maidstone Hawkhurst) onto B2244 Junction Road.
- Go on B2244 for approximately 4 miles until you reach crossroads where THE CURLEW is
- Turn LEFT at CURLEW (signed Hurst Green) and keep on (just under 2 miles, bit narrow & twisty) until you reach A21
- Junction with A21 has not fantastic visibility, go on left side of triangle (has big tree, telegraph pole and bench), and then turn RIGHT onto A21 and go down into HURST GREEN (just under 1 mile)
- Turn LEFT onto A265 (signed Lewes) and continue on for 2 miles to ETCHINGHAM Village Hall (as you come to Etchingham station is on right, WICKED crossing, beware!)
- VILLAGE HALL is almost at end of village, on RIGHT (big new building)
This takes 30-35 minutes, please do not get to the site any more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
Image Credits: John Minter .