Website East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To support East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) in getting road water and fire safety messages out to the local community and to participate in initiatives and campaigns in the local area. Applicants must be over 18 years old.
Volunteers take part in a range of activities, including
- Acting as community engagement ‘champions’, spreading the word on fire and road safety amongst target groups ( e.g elderly, specific neighbourhoods) through a variety of means, such as attending events
- Targeted activities in the local area, including leaflet distribution, generating Home Safety Visit referrals (HSV). Attending station open days and community events
- Role play at service exercises, mock disasters, and training enabling the service to practice or simulate real working conditions with the objective to learn, improve and develop skills and competencies necessary for their role.
- Supporting ESFRS personnel to educate and inform on various Fire & Community Safety these throughout the year
- Distributing targeted information (letters and leaflets) to local communities and businesses
- Undertaking activities to help ESFRS keep its information sources up to date
- Other general community safety activities, especially in conjunction with partner agencies
To apply for this job email your details to Volunteer@esfrs.org.