TV star and comedienne Jo Brand says “Don’t get fed up with caring at Christmas, support the Sara Lee Trust’s Snowflake Window Campaign” as a unique way to recognise a special person in your life and support a local charity.
Help us fill Hastings and Rother with magical displays of snowflakes and raise money for the care and support of local people facing a difficult time in their lives, says the Trust.
The Sara Lee Trust aims to improve the lives and well-being of people living with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses in the Hastings and Rother area through the provision, free of charge, of psychological and counselling support, creative and complementary therapies, and therapeutic group activities.
The Trust is also the dedicated provider of specialist end-of-life counselling and complementary therapy services to patients of St.Michael’s Hospice (Hastings and Rother) and the Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital.
The Trust was established by Sally and Jeremy Lee in memory of their daughter Sara, who died of cancer at the age of 32. Sally Lee says: “It is twenty years since Sara died and I miss her every day. Christmas was always a favourite with Sara so Christmas without her has never been quite the same.
“I will be spending time with my grandchildren, none of whom knew Auntie Sara, but we will remember her with our dedicated snowflake in remembrance of a girl who was so loved, and is so missed. Please join me in thinking about loved ones, and by doing so helping the Sara Lee Trust lend a hand to those who are so in need of our care”.
Create your special snowflake and support local charity, The Sara Lee Trust, by
- Popping into your local Sara Lee shop, between December 1 and January 31 next year and decorating your snowflake and making a donation
- Or by requesting a snowflake pack by emailing email@example.com, calling 01424 420 264, or visiting our website
- Or by taking part online and leaving a virtual snowflake message by visiting http://campaign.justgiving.com/charity/sltf/snowflakewindowcampaign
Your snowflake can then be hung in any of the following locations:
- Any of the Trust’s 4 charity shops at 41a Cambridge Road, Hastings ; 9 Endwell Road, Bexhill; 1 Sedlescombe Road North, Silverhill and 61 Western Road, Bexhill.
- Or at Who’s Wearing What boutique, 34 London Road, St.Leonards on Sea
- Or, you can create your own snowflake window – a perfect opportunity for your school, shop or workplace to create a magical seasonal display whilst supporting a local charity.
Visit our website and Facebook page for up to date displays of our Snowflake Windows and to add your Snowflake Window photo to our album.
Every snowflake donation received will contribute directly to the provision of care for local people in need – so please support us if you can.
Photos : Rick Hough and Colin Bailey