The Rye Arts Festival is one of the UK’s most established and respected arts festivals and 2017 will be its 46th annual event.
Peter Brice has masterminded our Classical Music for the past seven years. Peter has consistently provided high quality performers and widened the range of experiences, especially including Opera. This has been highly rated due to the exceptional talents of Alisdair Kitchen and his Euphonia Company. Peter wishes to retire at the end of this year’s Festival. The Trustees therefore need to appoint a successor as Director of Classical Music. The current role includes being a Trustee of the Charity, however the Charity is currently in the process of becoming incorporated and separating the Charity’s governance from the Festival organisation. Therefore the new Director will not be required to be a Trustee. We would also like to widen the links with other interested parties to share ideas and skills.
The key duties are:
– To agree a financial budget and stay within the agreed parameters.
– To identify performers of the highest quality, who have audience
appeal and fit the budget.
– To negotiate fees, programme content, etc.
– To look after the performers and introduce the concerts.
– To assist in obtaining sponsorship, grants, etc.
– To work with the team to ensure a balanced Festival overall.
If you are interested or know others that might be, then please contact the Chairman, Michael Eve or Peter Brice. Our website www.ryeartsfestival.co.uk will tell you more about our Festival.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Telephone: 01797 225026
Telephone: 07940 559404
Photo: Rye News library